Tuesday 15 February 2022

Real Word Gogen no 8

Add the 25 letters between A and Y to the grid above. Each one should appear exactly once. When you have finished, you must be able to spell the following words moving horizontally, vertically or diagonally around the grid:

ACQUIRE, AXLE, CUT, DERV, FIR, JUST, KEG, MAN, PILE, PRY, ROB, WHAM.

See the answer 

Points to note for the future:

When I first made one of these puzzles, I used some image creation software on my Google drive. For some reason I was unable to get all the connections to line up. Our younger son said that people would not like this but I went ahead anyway. I recently shared this example on Stack Exchange and an Ivo Beckers said the same thing (as usual, click on the image to enlarge it and bring it into focus if necessary):


Somebody by the name of Bass suggested the following layout, which I will use from now on:

I will also be using the empty grid provided by Bass for future gogen puzzles on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment